About Body peel
Skin peels are not just for your face. As the name suggests, they are for your skin, so can therefore be used on your body as well. If you have concerns about acne, acne scarring, pigmentation or dull skin on your chest, back, arms or shoulders, then don’t rule out skin peels.
Skin peels can expose your healthier skin by targeting acne and hyper-pigmentation, but also working to stimulate collagen production, improving your skin’s natural hydration and smoothing out the appearance of wrinkles.
Body peels can be used to correct dryness, rough patches, uneven skin, wrinkles, and acne.
Some of the most popular acid body peel options out there are designed to whip the skin on the legs and arms into shape. These kinds of skin peels are particularly usefulfor smoothing out sandpapery, wintery skin on the knees and elbows. They can also be used to even out sun damage and freckling, or smooth out chicken skin and other skincare concerns.
Types of chemical peel :
- Superficial peels are the mildest type of chemical peel. They can be used on all skin types. In most cases, they use liquid containing a mild (dilute) acid, most often glycolic acid. Dry ice (solid carbon dioxide) is sometimes used.
- Medium peels soak deeper into the skin than superficial peels do. They cause a burn of the skin. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is the main peeling agent used for medium peels. The peel may also be done in several steps using a different chemical liquid followed by TCA.
- Deep peels soak into several layers of skin and causea burn. They are used only on the face. A chemical called phenol is usually used for a deep peel. Deep peels may not be used on darker skin types, because they tend to bleach the skin. Even in lighter-skinned people, phenol peels—or any type of deep resurfacing—may bleach the skin. A deep peel can be done only once in most cases.
Benefits of body peel :
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin